Next Wednesday is Feb. 29, a day that exists on the calendar only every four years. Can you match the historical leap-day event to the year in which it occurred?
1. The kerner Commission Report is released, identifying “white racism” as the underlying cause of riots across the U.S.
2. Date of birth of Olympians Cullen Jones (swimming), Karen Thatcher (ice hockey), Roger Vidosa (skiing), Adam Sinclair (field hockey) and Radik Zhaparov (ski jumping).
3. The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is enacted.
4. The film Gone with the Wind picks up eight Academy Awards, including Best Supporting Actress for Hatty McDaniel, the first African-American to win an Oscar.
5. New York City Mayor Ed Koch calls President Ronald Reagan a “wimp” in the war on drugs.
6. Haiti's first Democratically elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, is ousted in a coup d'etat.
Scroll down for the answers
1. F; 2. E; 3. A; 4. B; 5. C; 6. D