Visit Ben Tausig's website: www.inkwellxwords.com
1. Blow sound
5. They start with 7-Down
8. Nicks and Buckingham bandmate
13. It might prevent a gas explosion
14. Necklace in Obama's birth state
15. Bill mentioned often in the course of 2008 presidential mudslinging
16. Sheets for shoppers
17. Seven-foot golf assistant?
20. Commit election fraud, perhaps
21. Restraint choice for a root beer magnate's dog?
24. Beastie Boys rapper who died in 2012
27. Low-rent NYC building
28. Her full name has just one vowel repeated four times (aaaaand this entry officially jumps the shark)
29. Array of food
32. They're beneficial to the core
35. Barbera's partner in animation
36. "Jacques, I rate your face a perfect score, but your butt is tres mediocre!"
40. Met field
41. Cops might make them wail
42. Heavily Hispanic California region
44. Tribe near Salt Lake City
45. Bon ___ (witticism)
48. Banned bug killer
49. Device that automatically cooks a certain French dish "au vin"?
53. Car company that makes the Tribeca
56. Middle alternative?
57. Copy of a copy of a Persian Gulf republic?
60. Historic European waterway, to the
61. Sucks or blows, as it were
62. A Turner
63. Certain minced oaths
64. Mr. T's crew
65. Scottish criminal
66. Gross lid issue
1. City where Bach, Goethe, and Marlene Dietrich lived
2. Company whose Monopoly is fully legal
3. Not contemp.
4. Like someone smoking in bed, stereotypically
5. Small business's designation
6. Tone similar to eggshell
7. See 5-Across
8. Wrap condiment
9. A doctor might tell you to cut it out
11. Kaplan of indie rock fame
12. Atty.'s letters
13. Fails to reserve a juicy bit
18. Saves for later, in a way, as "Girls"
22. "Moving ___ the next topic, please ..."
23. Big dummies
25. Yankee Robinson who was MVP of the 2013 World Baseball Classic
26. ___ Yauch (real name of 24-Across)
30. Long-distance options
32. Two of four, e.g.: Abbr.
33. Golden ratio letter
34. Truth ___ (what the U.S. military once hoped LSD could be)
36. For all kinds of students, in a way
37. Popular glowing rectangle
38. Domestic decision for a duck
39. It lost to VHS in part because the porn industry didn't adopt it
43. Celebrity-endorsed diet supplement berry
45. Company lover?
46. Like much modern shopping and dating
47. Terrifying (or at least super-irritating) group for anyone who isn't their age, often
50. Senator Hatch
51. One might scare a visitor to California
52. Zildjian product
54. Chemical in fertilizer
55. Practice with blindfolds and gags, for short
57. Sked note where a cancellation happened, maybe
59. "That which was to be demonstrated,"