A pair of tickets for a three-hour San Diego Whale Watch tour will be awarded weekly. Email a picture of your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 619-325-1393. Limit one win per person per 30 days.
Visit Ben Tausig's website: www.inkwellxwords.com
1. $.99 downloads, often
5. Kid with an antenna on his hat
10. Senders of nasty DMCA letters
14. Ground material
15. Headwear on the cover of Hole's "Live Through This"
16. Email, as a million strangers at once
17. Gumshoe hired for the case of the missing implant?
19. Pyramid-building civilization
20. Pacific Ocean phenomenon of lower water temperatures
21. Island with many Obama impersonators
23. Subject of a course for lifeguards
24. Short track to start an album, perhaps
25. Fantasy set in a light drizzle?
27. Harsh weed?
29. How school dress code rules might be enforced the day before summer break
30. "That Awkward Moment" actor Efron
31. Longbow shooter of fantasy fiction
33. Super fly, after "a"
34. Street food magnate who failed despite having food from every continent?
40. Good Grips kitchen brand
41. Initials for punks as well as suburban dads
42. One may be shaved, though shaving the other also is standard practice
44. Pop Secret rival
47. Language of Flanders
54. Comics genre on the Tokyo Metro
55. One way to lie
56. Bag at the grocery store, perhaps
57. "Call the medic!"
58. Didn't prohibit
60. People who prefer to woo from the comfort of the couch?
62. Has a bug, say
63. Foul-mouthed comic Lange
65. Put to the ___
66. Ticks off
67. Smell like Pig-Pen
1. Campaigning politician's tactic
2. Feared fish
3. ___ Hall (high school textbook publisher)
4. Indoor flights, often
5. "Rage to Survive" autobiographer James
6. Hat, as it were
7. Sam who directed the Spider-Man trilogy
8. They're pretty much all called Shamu, at SeaWorld
9. Native of eastern Siberia
10. Bad thing after sex?
11. Elon Musk company that facilitates travel for money
12. Elon Musk company that facilitates travel for money
18. Little shit
22. Sits in park, say
25. Sporty Spice
26. Author who "a lot of us ... pick[ed] up ... when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood," per Obama
28. Fallon's predecessor-to-be
32. Short-lived thing
33. "Bye," in a text
35. Big name in rubber balls
37. Ditch the script
38. At this place, colloquially
39. Spew out
43. "No worries"
44. Out of debt
45. Treat perhaps most desirable when baked
46. Basic beach gear
48. Editor Carmichael of Deadspin, Gawker, and the Hairpin
49. Part of MC or M.A.
51. R.J. Reynolds cigarette
52. They hold babies
57. Ominous day
59. Period that ends Nov. 3rd, requiring a shift, and letters that shift in this puzzle's theme entries
61. Long-tailed ___ (small Eurasian bird)