Election fun facts
* Percentage-wise, voter registration (68.84 percent) is the lowest it's been in 10 years.
* For the recall election, Democratic Party registration declined .6 percent. Republican Party registration grew by a whopping .01 percent.
* Alameda County has the largest concentration of Democrats. Placer County is full of Republicans.
* Statewide voter registration numbers:
44.1 percent of eligible California voters are Democrat
35.3 percent are Republican
5 percent are lumped together as "other"
* Of California's 135 recall candidates for governor:
37 percent (or 50) are Democrats
31 percent (42) are Republicans
24 percent (32) are "independents"
The remaining 11 candidates are from the Greens (4), Libertarian (3), Natural Law (2), American Independent (1) and Peace and Freedom (1) parties.