Summer's here... and the time is right... for...
OK, OK, I'll spare you any more of the clichéd Martha and the Vandellas reference.
Aside from the June Gloom, summer in San Diego comes darn-tootin'-near close to perfection, don't it? That is, if you can stand the invasion of Arizonans, cloggin' up our beaches and gummin' up our highways and byways the way they do.
Alright, so if you can get past the gloom and the out-of-towners, you're golden. And to help you through the days of summer, CityBeat is here for ya:
* Matthew Irwin gives you the straight dope on where and how to get all active-like.
* Bookish little Kelly Davis has more reading-material recommendations than you'll ever need.
* Christopher Nalls has ideas for some sweet day trips in all (well, three) directions.
* Gonzo-gastrophile Steve Mayberry plans a complete day-on your behalf-of delightful, delicious, de-lovely gluttony.
* John Larsen, who knows more about movies than you know about yourself, gives you the lowdown on what Hollywood has in store from June through August.
* And our own irrepressible men-about-town, Troy Johnson and Will K. Shilling tell you all you need to know about all the music, art, theater and community events summer in San Diego has to offer.
It's spread over the following 25 pages and it's all free of charge. 'Twas no bother.