I've heard it said that, "Times with pot and no money are better than times with money and no pot." I couldn't agree more. Hence the following list:
1. Smoke a joint. Go for a walk along Sunset Cliffs. Play in the tide pools. Contemplate the ocean as the earth's womb.
2. Smoke a joint. Take a walk on the O.B. Pier. Look at the waves. Watch the sunset. Think about love, life, the existence of God and why you can't get good pizza delivery in Ocean Beach.
3. Smoke a J. Walk to the O.B. recreation center and get in on some pick-up basketball. Score many baskets. Play D. When you're finished, smoke the roach. Then walk home dribbling basketball while contemplating, "What makes things bounce?"
4. Take a bong rip. Go to www.ocean beachsandiego.com and click on the O.B. cam. This will allow you to access the camera that is perched atop the Ocean Beach Hotel. Train the moveable camera to spy on people. Take many more rips.
5. Get high. Ride your bike to Robb Field. Lie on the grass and stare at the bellies of jets as they soar by. Contemplate the miracle of flight and the tragedy of progress.
6. Get stoned. Get your dog stoned, too. Take dog to Dog Beach and watch dog try to hump other dogs.
7. Get ripped. Get your board. Shoot the pier. Don't die.
8. Get baked. Peruse the Farmers Market (Wednesday at 4 p.m. on Newport Avenue) and eat free samples of food. Watch a band play for free.
9. Wake and bake. Stay on couch. Watch The Daily Show and Blind Date. Smoke more. Watch Oprah.
10. Smoke a bowl. Ride your bike to P.B. Remind yourself why you hate P.B. Turn around. Go back to O.B.